With the new year, Global Wire Associates has made a lot of changes. Here’s a rundown:
- New Website – globalwireonline.org is now self-hosted, meaning it is no longer hosted on WordPress.com. So if you were previously following our blog on wordpress.com, you will still receive feed updates in your WordPress Reader, but you will no longer receive any email notices when a new post is up. If you want to receive email notices again, just enter your email address in the homepage’s footer or the right sidebar in the blog and click “Subscribe/Follow.” If you are not a wordpress.com user and are receiving email notices, no changes are necessary for you. We will be shutting down the old wordpress site soon, so make the move over to the new site in the next few days.
- We’re Multilingual – Our website is now truly multilingual and can be translated into six languages – Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish and, of course, English. GWA’s global reach has grown leaps and bounds over the last three years, and we want to make sure we communicate with everyone as effectively as possible. In addition, we also have staff members who speak Farsi, Kiswahili, Hindi, Somali and Portuguese.
- The Classroom – Our website has a new feature called The Classroom, our on-site video conferencing space where we will host our educational webinars and other special events. When you sign up and pay for a webinar, you will be given a unique link that will enable the video when it is clicked. The Classroom’s video feed will be translated into our six official languages and can be closed captioned.
- Web Design – In addition to our hallmark Internet trainings and content strategizing, we now also provide web design services for individuals, small businesses and NGOs. Having a dynamic website helps to support your cause, product, service or brand. Since we are in the business of content strategy, it was just natural to adopt web design as a service since there is a demand.
- New Logo – Speaking of web design, we also designed our new logo. Pretty cool, right!
- Global Wire Books – Since we launched our digital imprint last year, our ebooks are selling like hotcakes! Our latest ebook, Access Denied, is on its way to surpassing sales for our first ebook, Recharge E-waste. We have hired a couple more editorial assistants to help us out with coordinating our upcoming publications and marketing strategies. Stay tuned for more news on this.
All the new features will help us to provide the same high quality of service to our valued customers. We are here nine years later because of your continued support. Thank you and here’s looking at a prosperous new year!
Talia, Marjane, Philip and Maria